Monday, June 11, 2012

summer break!!

Summer break is finally here!!  Life has been pretty busy around here with all last week being Columbia Style week and now I am in education courses for two weeks :(, but I'll still have some time for sewing and of course designing and styling! :) 
Columbia Style Week - Saturday Runway Show
MayaQ Finale Walk


At Columbia Style Week, during all the walking in the runway shows, I was able to network with some amazing models and designers.  Lauren Firr, an up and coming model from Charlotte, was able to model some Slice clothes at a photoshoot on Sunday and another one tomorrow!! Yay!!

Lauren Firr - 6/11/2011 photoshoot
Slice dress - inspired by Lanvin 2011

Being submerged in fashion all last week, got me wanting TONS of new clothes and shoes!!  Not great for the wallet, but great for my style!! 

From the Mary Michaels collection, I must make this outfit!!
Columbia Style Week - Wednesday's Mary Michaels Runway Show
Lauren Firr
Sooooo amazing!!  I already ordered shoes that color, now I just need to find some khaki and orange charmeuse silk!! 

Lace shorts, and lace in general, and crochet tops are super huge right now!!  I just had to re-create this look.....
Columbia Style Week - Friday's Torn Curtain Boutique Runway Show
Kelly McCord


I ordered an amazing floral vintage skirt pretty similar to this skirt off of an amazing Etsy shop, Cape Cod Laurie Designs.  I found a crochet dress that will double as a dress and a top with my floral skirt.  I bought some super cute cream lace shorts off of e-bay and an amazing orange micro-pleated skirt!

I can't wait until all my goodies arrive and I can go to some more amazing events in the latest summer 2012 styles!


Until next time....happy sewing,
Slice 


No comments:

Post a Comment