Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lilly Pulitzer - Dark and Stormy

Most people that know me, know that I am OBSESSED with basically anything LILLY PULITZER!!!  She is my idol!!  I just can't get enough!

Well, she has her classic "SHIFT" dress in a fabric pattern called "Dark and Stormy"!  I am in love!  I think this must be a tribute to my grandfather!  I think he told her to make this dress!  This dress is in her "Original's Collection".  She calls her "Original's" "10X more fun than ordinary dresses", and I truly believe they are!  I have few of her past originals and I just think they are classic and it's like wearing a piece of Lilly history. 

As for why I said this must have been a tribute to my grandfather it's because when I was little he would tell me this story called "Dark and Stormy".  I just loved the story.  The story would repeat itself over and over again.  This is all I can remember from it now....."It was a dark and stormy night, and the waves were crashing high, and the captain said, "Sit down men, let me tell you a story....." and then the sentence would repeat.  I thought it was the best!  I guess I kept thinking there was going to be juicy story so I continued to listen. 

My grandfather would tell all sorts of stories and all the time and I loved hearing them all.  He served in the Army during WWII, so I kind of thought that story was made up while he over there.  Who knows?!  I need to find a picture of him and post it.  I'll work on that! :)

But for now, here is the pictue of the Dark and Stormy Shift!! :) 
Worth Shift
The lovely Dark and Stormy Lilly Dress!! :)

Until next time, happy sewing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment