Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Welcome to Sew Pink and Green!!

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the Sew Pink and Green Blog!!  Yay!  I'm excited to get started! This blog is dedicated to everything pink and green (and I guess other colors can join in too! haha!) and sewing and monogramming/fashion/fashion design.  I am obsessed with everything pink and green, preppy, Lilly Pulitzer, fashion and creating fashion! Find out more about my company, Slice Couture Clothing by clicking here.

Sew.....a little bit about me; I have ALWAYS been obsessed with clothes, fashion and monograms on any and everything!  Since I was little I had to have such and such "brand" name of clothes, whatever it was at the time.  So, the obsession continues!  I just can't and never will be able to get enough of Lilly Pulitzer.  My entire house is basically dedicated to her with about everything in there being some shade of pink and green.

Sew....the sewing part of this blog all started when I couldn't get the dress I wanted for a party.  I just wasn't happy with anything I found at any store, so I decided to take matters into my own hands.  I went to the local fabric store, Forest Lake Fabrics, and grabbed 2 pieces of super cute material that I thought would be great for some dresses.  I took the fabric to my local tailor and got them to whip me up some uber awesome dresses!!  They are amazing!  From that point, I decided I could do that for myself and didn't need the tailor.  It was just going to take some hard work, dedication and lots and lots of time!

I took many, many sewing lessons and made some really, really horrendous things!  Yuck!  But I also made some winners too!  Some items that I will wear forever!  Sewing is now something I just can't stop thinking about.  I'm always inventing new things to sew, design and make.  I started with dresses and skirts and now I'm making pillows, placemats, napkins, shower curtains, purses, travel bags, shirts, and work bags.  Basically anything that can be made, I'll try my hardest to make it happen.

I also started monogramming this past year.  For my Christmas present, my parents surprised me with a brand new sewing machine, that's basically a computer and it does about everything!  So I got into the monogramming, embroidery and applique world!  It's great!  I really can't get enough!!

Hopefully, you all will enjoy reading my posts of everything Lilly and everything fashion.  I love keeping up with the latest fashion trends and celebrity gossip.  Sew, basically this blog will be about everything girly and sewing! :)

Until next time, happy sewing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment