Saturday, July 2, 2011

July 4th outfit!

Hi everyone!

Hope your 4th of July weekend is starting out great!!  Since this is a sewing blog of sorts, I thought I should post somthing to do with sewing, because I haven't yet!  I'm sorrry about that. 

Well, I basically need, like desparately need to have a new outfit for every single occasion!  Every party, shower, dinner, football game, etc..... I have to have a new outfit that no one has seen.  Oh, yeah, this even goes for work.  Basically, I don't like to wear ANYTHING twice!  I kind of feel bad for some of my clothes, but I really try just wearing things once.  Hence, why I had to start sewing.  My weird thing about clothes was getting pretty expensive!  That's one of the many reasons I wanted to start sewing.  I'll get to all of them eventually. 

Anyways, for this 4th of July, I believe we are going to a friends house at the lake for a shin-dig.  We attended last year and it was lots of fun.  Last year I wore a Lilly beach cover-up which is absolutely beautiful, but it can't be worn to the same thing a year later.  NEVER!! 
 
I made the cover-up above, that I call the "Milly" dress, and I would wear this on Monday, but it looks very similar to the Lilly Pulitzer cover up that I wore last year, sew........

I've decided to make a tunic of sorts for this 4th of July party.  I'm super excited about the fabric, it's very light and airy, perfect for a day out in the hot summer South Carolina sun!  I'll be sure to post a picture once it's complete, but for now, I've found a picture from the Milly website that looks similar.  Mine will basically have a crew neck necline and what I love about my tunic and the Milly one is that they both have POM-POMS!!  I'm loving pom-poms on about everything!  OBSESSED!!  I was only able to attach the link to the Milly coverup, MILLYNY.com exclusive coverup

I'll post my pictures of my tunic tomorrow!!

Until next time, happy sewing! :)
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment